Sunday, May 3, 2009

Ma's quilts and wall hangings

I had been asked if I had any pix of my mothers quilts... So here are some of the quilts she made for my children and some wall hangings.


Here are my two daughters baby quilts, my mother made for each of them.



One daughter's twin size quilt.









My son's baby quilt.





Here are the girls wall hangings and doll quilts.





And some more wall hangings.

This Log cabin is one of my favorites!


I hope you all liked my Mother's little quilt show!
I have more~ but some are in a trunk and my biggest wall hanging is hung up but I just noted when taking photos it was very dusty and needs a cleaning! So maybe I will have another quilt show this summer. After I get my big wall hinging washed and my other quilts out for airing. I was going to air them this summer anyway. It's been a few years since I took them out to get some air and to see how they are doing...
Ok... ya... my mother told me this winter that I better get them out of that trunk and get some air or wash them this spring or summer! lol
She wants me to look them over to make sure no mice have gotten to them. I told her we only had that one mouse two years ago and the quilts were in the trunk. But she still wants me to check them... Lol
The reason I don't have any on my bed?
My husband is very ruff on our bedding and I don't want him to hurt the quilts.
So my bed just has bedding on it I have from Target or Wal-mart. lol

Have a nice week
Eliza







































2 comments:

Meg said...

OH MY. These are *exquisite.* I hope your children appreciate how lucky they are!!

Meg in NH, from the Stitcher's Heaven group

Milly~ said...

The quilts are just spectacular. What wonderful treasures.