Monday, May 4, 2009

updates on my cross stitch

With Quaker A' 6 Mains and the Easter Egg Tree done I started I few things.

I started both the Grand ABC ( gazette94's grand abécédaire SAL ) and Isabelle Vautier's older SAL ~Marquoir Story ( this SAL has been around for year. This is not her current one.




The Grand Abécédaire. I am only at part two. I wish I had more done! Started April 10th.


Here is my Marquoir Story. Started April 15th. I LOVE this design!! I fell in love with it when I first seen it and knew I would some day do it!
With my April order to Nordic Needle I got my thread for it! Threadworx overdyed Spanish Olives ~ Tide Pools ~ and Lucky Day ( I just LOVE them!!!). Along with Gentle Arts Cherry Wine.
I just LOVE all my threads for this now!!!
I had a hard time finding the right red. At first to only red I could see on line that I liked was a #8 Pearl cotton... I like the color but the feel of the #8 pearl was just not right.
So I went back on line to Nordic Needle and found the Gentle Arts Cherry Wine. When it came in the mail, at first I just did not think it was the right red.
I love the color red and knew what I wanted. But I found it hard to find the right colors over the net...
Well I had just spent $17 for that red thread ( I ordered 9 at $1.90 each) and I made up my mind I was just going to use it!
I ordered it! I better use at that price!
Well ~ LOL ~ guess what?
I LOVE my red now!!! And the blue ~ yellow ~ and green!!
I found my red Cherry Wine to be perfect!
The fabric is an off white Aida I tea dyed.
I use Aida cross stitch for everything I do.
I hope one day to learn how to cross stitch on linen!




I am going to try my hand a Needle Book. I am not going by a pattern. I am going to wing it as I go. Here are the cross stitch parts I started in April.


I started Alla Turca in March. Here is an update. Due to the fact my fabric was to short... I have modified the design a bit... :0)


In April I made some orders to Nordic Needle and got the Blackstone Fantasy Garden and the thread pack. I don't know but it just don't look like the thread pack has enough floss... I still need to get some fabric for BFG.
Also ordered the Quackworth 07 and Croakworth 08 charts. :0)

1 comment:

Yoyo said...

I will follow Marquior Story with great enthusiam. I have it but have not had the courage to start it yet. Love the colors you chose!