Monday, May 11, 2009

Thank You and Grandma and Grandpa


Thank You Blackbird Designs for the cross stitch card I won! I love it! Cool part is it is a cross stitch postcard!
I collect and swap postcards.
Well I use to swap. I have not made many postcard swaps in the past year/year and a half.


Thank You!

And I have a 2nd stitch done. I could not stitch one for my Grandma (my other pink one) without doing one for Grandpa!
This one is done in blue, green and bronze for Grandpa.
He was a story teller. The little boat is for his stories. And smoked a pipe as he told my brothers and I his stories as we sat at his feet.
The bird is a little Rooster in a little garden. He had chickens and a cute garden. As a child it was like a fairy garden.


The snapshot is the last one I took of them back around 1979 or 1980. They both pasted away in the early 80's








2 comments:

Alma Allen said...

I love the samplers and the picture of your grandparents. Just too sweet! I'm amazed that you got two of them done.

Eliza said...

Thank you!

What I have been thinking is to make up a small sampler for my ancestors and family members. Not all just alike but around the same size.
Maybe a life time to do them all, lol.
But I did get the idea from the little Blackbird stitch!
Thank You!
Eliza