Saturday, April 25, 2009

New Moon TUSAL update and new finish

Here is my TUSAL update! This is my past months orts and stuff from stitching. To join in this fun go to Dragon my needle to have Yoyo sign you up :0) http://dragonmyneedle.blogspot.com/2009/01/progress-and-new-sal.html

Here is a little that Yoyo has said about The Totally Useless SAL ~~~

"include:
regular Orts (thread ends)
little snips of fabric
broken buttons you were going to use on that little Lizzy Kate flip it
a bead or two from your Mirabilia design
worn out needles
the labels from used up floss skeins
whatever you like, as long as it is, or rather, was (LOL) going to be part of a stitching project currently underway.
you may include orts from any type of stitching project: cross stitch, knitting, crochet, whatever, but please do not include other craft leftovers such as paper crafts, rubber stamping, etc.
This must be a new collection not an ort container you have already been collecting.
Each month, on the date of the New Moon, or very shortly thereafter, you will post progress pictures of your Totally Useless SAL on your blog. You may or may not describe a few of the interesting new items in your container. (If you do not have a blog you may send your pictures to me and I will post them for you.)
Now as the organizer of this Totally Useless SAL I have to do all the real work...ha ha..."~Yoyo




On to my new finish...
This is the little free chart from Blackbird designs at http://blackbird-designs.blogspot.com/
It is called Petites Letters Rouges. It's a fun little stitch I started yesterday and finished today.
You add a family name to it. So I added my Grandma and her maiden name and birth year. I was named after her and she was on my mind and in my heart as I stitched it up. She was a stitcher, as was her mother and Grandmother, her MIL and SILs. And her sisters and daughters, granddaughters and even greatgrands... Along with Aunts and neices... Did I leave anyone out? lol
I guess I come from a long line of stitcher's. lol
Not just cross stitch but many kinds of needle work. Both my mom and grandma have been hand quilters. Grandma has passed away but my Mother still quilts by hand.
I had gone many years without picking up a needle for any thing. I am so happy I started cross stitching again this past winter. I have been so enjoying it!

Hope you have a nice weekend!

7 comments:

DJ said...

Very pretty! I love the colors on your blackbird design! *Hugs* DJ

Threeundertwo said...

I'm tempted to do that blackbird design. Yours turned out so nice!

I surfed over from Yoyo's blog. I'm enjoying looking at everyone's jar of scraps.

Annie Bee said...

Your ort jar has some really lovely colours in it.

paru's_circle said...

congrats on winning 2nd prize! i did too! the colours u chose are lovely! i stitched my grandma's name too ;-)

Habibi said...

Beautiful work.

Eliza said...

Thank You all for the nice comments!

Eliza

Yoyo said...

Your Totally Useless Container is looking good girl!! Your blackbird design is lovelym great colors, I'm thinking about too I've seen some really cute ones.