Saturday, April 4, 2009

Pelin's Alla Turca Mystery SAL update....




Ok, update on Alla Turca.... A SAL from the yahoo group Stitcher Heaven, link...
StitchersHeaven@yahoogroups.com

My last update on this I was agonizing over my colors. I had a yellow in with this that just faded into the fabric. I took the yellow out and have got a lot done!
But I do see a problem ahead. I shorted myself on fabric and the top crown in part 4 will not fit...


I have a plan, I will see how that goes....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

your colours are awesome! I love it. I am thinking of pulling mine out tomorrow and doing part IV

Jane said...

I hope it works out ok, this looks lovely

Jackie in CT said...

It is looking wonderful...waiting to see how you deal with the fabbie shortage...

Maggie said...

Eliza, i think you were right to change the yellow, it looks really great with just the bronzy colour. Hope you manage to sort out the shortage of fabby problem.

Remy said...

I love your work! And your cats! Your Quaker is wonderful. It's one of my favorite pieces.
Remy

Edy said...

Eliza...I have the same problem with mine...I can not fit in the top crown either...I am hoping that part 5 is as "tall" as part 3 and that the piece will still look like a complete piece.
See mine at http://grandmaelf.blogspot.com

Yoyo said...

I'm popping in to say WELCOME to the Totally Useless Sal I was by here the other day but my eyes must have been burning badly because I don't think I left a comment -- shame on me. I have to tell you your Quaker 6 Mains is stunning, this is the first one I've seen finished -- Congratulations!!!! And BOINK is getting really close too. Your needles must be burning rubber. I'll be by more often now that I have you in the list. Keep those orts coming.

Eliza said...

Thank You all for the very nice complements!